Tuesday, January 7, 2014

A resolution

I usually avoid writing posts which are primarily about me, but I'm going to right now. I need to express this before I lose my momentum, optimism and selfishness.

Fifteen minutes ago, I was walking to the bookstore, listening to "Do It For Me Now" by Angels and Airwaves.

Some songs grant you power. This one, for example, spouts fiercely vulnerable lyrics. However, I have never associated this song with weakness. It's so empowering because it's so honest. And it moves forward with such an unyielding cadence. Here, the artist admits his weakness and vulnerability, but expressly refuses to remain a victim of his circumstances. This song empowers me, and makes me feel selfish, for better or for worse.

But I digress.

As I walked, I reflected. This semester will likely be my busiest ever.

This is the point where I should probably resolve to give up something big. Like good grades, sleep, or spending time with friends.

However, I refuse.

I resolve to have it all this semester: academic success, delicious deep sleep, and an active social life. No boyfriend though. Ain't nobody got time for that.




No comments:

Post a Comment