Sunday, December 2, 2012

Why my little brother is cooler than yours

Scott Anthony Smith.
Tall, lanky kid with muscles like a green bean that has been working out.
Skin that tans instantly, eyes that open easily.
His eyes are my favorite, because they're so big and blue and full of understanding and silliness.
It pains me to see his blue eyes clouded at times-- when he is contemplating injustice or internally discovering a new melancholy place.  
His adam's apple is so endearing for some reason; why, I couldn't tell you.
His hand gestures mesmerize me as he explains something with intelligence, conviction and fluidity.
He condescendingly insults me as he brings his eyebrows together, makes his sparkling eyes so big, and pushes his lips to the side, stifling his charming little smile.
I give the pretense of offense, and we banter for hours, saying more with our eyes than our words.
I love my little brother.
He understands me in a way that no one else does.

No comments:

Post a Comment