Saturday, November 17, 2012

Happy Birthday, Dad!


I love my father.

I love my father because he introduced me to music with texture.
I love my father because he values ice cream and movies.
I love my father because he's creative.
I love my father because he's a problem-solver.
I love my father because when he gets in a fit of laughter, it's contagious.
I love my father because he gave me a job during high school.
I love my father because he would insist we share 3 things about our day during dinner, and waking up, going to seminary, and going to school didn't cut it as our contributions.
I love my father because he helped me with math, but refused to give me the answers easily; I had to put forth significant effort to learn.
I love my father because he took me on Date with Dads.
I love my father because sometimes he makes hysterical unexpected jokes that catch you off-guard.
I love my father because he loves board games. And he is hilariously competitive at Uno and Yahtzee.
I love my father because he still pursues cool new music to add to his collection; most adults don't do that.
I love my father because he seeks joy in life.
I love my father because he's a good story-teller.
I love my father because he doesn't dwell on misfortune.
I love my father because he magnifies his church callings.
I love my father because he was patient during my adolescent years.
I love my father because he taught me the value of hard work.
I love my father because he has given me tough love.
I love my father because he has given me tender love.
I love my father because he taught me the thrill of serving others.
I love my father because he genuinely cares about making our family feel like a family.

Happy Birthday, Dad.
I love you!

-Kristina

1 comment:

  1. He's a terrific person - lucky you to have him as your dad.

    ReplyDelete