Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A Walk Down Memory Lane (Cheesy sentimental title? Check.)

A few days ago I took the time to read through tons of old letters and notes. It was definitely a whirlwind of memories. I'll share with you some of my favorite one-liners and quotes. These quotes will likely be a healthy combination of sentimental and silly. Here we go.

-A purple construction paper note I once found on my bed freshman year:
"Kristina...I love your face. But...he is all mine! I saw him first! (Jk, you can have him, he was probably drunk.)" <3 always, Kiffyn

-A note left on my bed after my Uncle Tony & Aunt Jessy stayed in my room once:
   "It was really fun to see you- good luck with the rest of the school year. I don't even know if you like this candy, but next time you see me just pretend you did and I'll be happy." -Tony

-"If I could offer you some advice from my college days...Put studying before girls. I mean boys."
   -Zach Cipriano

-"Life with the opposite gender is like what you described. You can always get what you don't want and have to work hard for what you do want."
   -Cody Hansen

-A letter from Chantal Hopper listing things she loves about me:
   #9: She's as sweet as candy! (even though she doesn't eat it)
   #13: She will most likely appreciate this scratch and sniff sticker...
   #15: Her addiction to water makes her pee clear
   #17: She likes skulls "in moderation"
   #34: She's kind of like a white Asian

-"I decided not to write expletives all over your locker. You are so lucky."
   -Josh Osborne

-"There might be people that upset you, but if you just love them, then it doesn't matter."
   -Ben Dyas

-"I'm sure you will have music in your future home. Someday you will rock a tiny infant in your arms and sing it to sleep and be filled with so much joy."
   -Molly Rowan

-"Though I know I have limitations and weaknesses as a mom and teacher, I hope my testimony comes through."
   -My mom, Eva Smith---note to you, mom: Your testimony DOES come through by the way you live your life. Thank you :)

-"Thank you for being my mentor, peace of mind, long lost sister, walking dictionary, and most importantly-- my best friend."
   -Sierra Schaefer

-"I'd just like to say, although I publicly proclaimed it, that I am NOT a flaming homo!"
  -Daniel Squires

-"Every day you walk out of your room, I immediately regret the outfit I put on."
   -Bridget Funk
      -But the funny part is that you have it totally backwards, Bridget.

-The last birthday card that Juliana Duran made me:
   "I hope you like the cover because it took a lot of ink...I was going to put your head &the guy from August Rush's head on top of pictures of people like you did for my card, but I figured you would show it to your mom and soil my good name in the Smith household."

- "Dear Kristina, Thanks for the sweet, groovy, awesome, killer, cool, terrific, spectacular, mind-boggling, stellar, great, super birthday card. Thanks for taking your time to make me a special card. I love you.
Love, Spencer"

-The tiniest note made out of a philosophy bbq handout from class:
  "Dear Krishna, Wow! Thanks for the barbeque! It made my bday awesome!
   I ALL the love you!
   <3 Kitten"
           ^That's Taj :)

-A few excerpts from a letter from Grammy (Grandma Smith) :
   -"Remember when we danced and twirled on the front lawn in the wind to dry our freshly polished finger nails?"
   -"One fall when the family was gathered at our home, I overheard a little conversation between you and Jason:
       Kristina: 'How ode ahh you?'
       Jason: 'I'm foe.'
       Kristina: 'I'm foe, too!'"
   -"Once when you were a little older, you told your mother you needed to spend more 'quality time' with Grammy. I was very flattered."

-"Understanding the Atonement of Christ will probably take a lifetime, but I can testify that believing in Him and trying to live like He did helped me find peace and happiness. As a little reminder I got you this little statue of Christ. No...it is not for your dashboard."
   -Kim Romero-- Thank you so so much, Kim. I still keep that little statue on my desk today. Not only does it remind me of Christ, but it reminds me of you and all the valuable things you taught me as my YW leader and my friend. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment